6 Best Pairings With The Parmesan Cheese Or Parmigiano Reggiano
Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan Cheese has been manufactured in Italy for almost nine centuries. It is a hard and granular-based cheese produced from cow’s milk.
The peculiar thing about this cheese is it’s aged for nearly 12 months. But, the flavour that the Parmesan cheese has in Italy is different from the cheese produced in other countries. The Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and its manufacturing are protected under European Law.
Apart from this, Parmesan Cheese is worth enjoying as a snack, with dishes, an aperitif, or in the quick dinner bowl. It provides a unique taste whether you are cooking a special Thanksgiving dinner or getting ready for the Christmas snacks or dishes. The cheese can be enjoyed while you drink wine and immerse yourself in some online entertainment or gaming. You can munch on this protein and mineral-rich cheese while playing the Novibet slots. You can pair up this digestible, calcium-laden, lactose-free, nutty flavour cheese with many dishes and salads.
Pairings With Parmigiano Reggiano
Pair Up with Pasta: Parmesan Cheese has a maturation period of at least 12 months and more. It makes a perfect choice for pasta and sauces. Moreover, you can use the grated cheese or sliver over any Italian pasta. It can be spaghetti pasta, angel hair pasta, fusilli pasta, bow tie pasta, and much more.
- Mashed Potatoes: The rich, creamy texture of the cheese over the mashed potatoes will make anyone drool. You can cook the mashed potatoes with sour cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan. You can serve it as a side dish with the main course during birthday dinners or festive celebrations.
- Use with Vegetables and Fruits: The Parmesan Cheese that has maturation between 12 months and 18 months can be paired with fruits and vegetables. You can use it with fruits like pears, grapes, apples, and strawberries. Adding extra virgin olive oil to the vegetables becomes perfect as the salad. It is also great for savoury pies and baked vegetables. However, the cheese maturation between 24 months and 30 months goes greatly with the dehydrated fruits like raisins, plums, and apricots.
- Make It with Roasties: For adding an extra crunch to your potatoes, you can coat the roasted potatoes with the polenta for the extra crunch and parmesan for the seasoning. It makes up the perfect dish for the Christmas Lunch, as it can serve up to 8 people.
- Goes Well with Wines: You can have Parmigiano Reggiano as a snack with the wines too. Pair it up with the white Italian wine or the glass of Malvasia or with the medium-bodied red wine. It even goes great with the dessert wines like Marsala or Passito and the sparkling wine Champagne. The cheese produced from the milk of locally bred cattle and kept for maturation for a longer period goes well with all these wines.
- Sautéed Greens: Eat your greens with this delicacy cheese, and make it enjoyable for your whole family. Add a little olive oil to the greens like dandelion, spinach, or Asparagus, and sauté them in the hot frying pan. While the leaves are still green, add them to the plate with a dash of balsamic, shaved Parmesan, and the crank of the black pepper. You can serve it with the toast and top it up with the poached egg too.
Parmesan Cheese or Parmigiano Reggiano is the oldest cheese globally and is known as the pure delicacy when cooking meals, especially the Italian ones. So, a dash of Parmesan or its shavings makes the meal look so delicious, and the cheese melts into your mouth smoothly. Do try it this Christmas for yourself, and thank us later!