Made from pasteurized sheep's milk
Country of origin: United States
Type: fresh soft, artisan
Flavour: creamy, fruity, garlicky, herbaceous, salty, subtle, sweet, tangy, woody
Aroma: fresh, grassy, lactic, rich, sweet
Producers: Hidden Springs Company
Alternative spellings: Driftless Original, Driftless Basil & Olive Oil, Driftless Cranberry and Cinnamon, Driftless Tomato and Garlic, Driftless Pumpkin, Driftless Maple, Driftless Honey & Lavender
Driftless is a light, creamy and spreadable pasteurized sheep's milk cheese made by Hidden Springs Company. The cheese is moist and tangy with the richness of sheep’s milk providing the necessary creaminess and density. It is available in a blend of flavours, ranging from Original, Basil & Olive Oil, Cranberry and Cinnamon, Tomato and Garlic, Pumpkin (Seasonal), Maple to Honey & Lavender. All flavours have won numerous awards at major cheese shows and competitions.
- Original: It is a fresh cheese with bright and lactic flavours, with notes of grass and hay
- Basil & Olive Oil: blended with extra virgin olive oil, organic basil and sea salt
- Cranberry and Cinnamon: blended with subtle tasting cinnamon and cranberries
- Tomato and Garlic: blended with well balanced and flavourful tomato and garlic
- Pumpkin (Seasonal): blended with pumpkin, reminiscent of pairing of fluffy ricotta and cream cheese.
- Maple: blended with 100 % natural maple syrup from a neighbouring Amish farmer
- Honey & Lavender: blended with artisan honey from a Driftless-area beekeeper and lavender. Flavours taste of sweet, fresh-cut wood from lavender complemented by pleasant accent of the sweet honey.